Skrýt nabídku

Ostrava Branch

  • Head of the Branch: Ing. Petr Tušil, Ph.D., MBA
  • Phone: +420 595 134 899
  • E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The Branch creates a research base of water management of north Moravia and Silesia. It was established in 1942 as a regional laboratory of the former State Hydrological Institute in Prague. Especially the deteriorating state of surface waters in the Odra river basin and the specific problem of the Ostrava-Karviná industrial region were the reasons of establishment of the Branch. This focus is maintained by the Branch up to the present.

After 1945, the laboratories were affiliated with the Department of Hydrology of the Provincial People’s Committee in Brno as the Ostrava detached office. In 1949, the laboratories came under the Regional People’s Committee in Ostrava. In 1951, they returned to scope of the Water Research Institute in Prague and concurrently acquired a status of detached office. Then in 1970, the laboratories acquired a status of branch.