Organizational structure (PDF)
The T. G. Masaryk Water Research Institute (TGM WRI), a public research institution, was established as one of the first scientific institutes in the independent Czechoslovak Republic. The Institute was established as the State Hydrological Institute by a resolution of the Ministerial Council of 9th December 1919. After 1989, the Institute was transferred to the newly established Ministry of the Environment and from 1993 it began to function as its contributory organization. As a public research institution, TGM WRI was established by Provision No. 12/06 of the Ministry of the Environment on the issuance of a charter of a public research institution dated 12th December 2006. The Institute was entered into the Register of Public Research Institutions of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports on 1st January 2007.